Thursday, April 25, 2013

8 Months!

I know I know - I skipped 7 months completely - but time does fly with this lil one!! So let me give you a round up on what Lil Miss E has been upto!

Now that she is sleep trained - putting her down at night is SO much more easier.  She goes to sleep at around 7:30-8p and is up at 7-7:30a!  Magic!! She fusses sometimes when I put her down for the night but quickly adjusts to falling asleep on her own.  I think what helps the whole process is the bath routine that we have going and the predictability of the routine.  I give her her last feed of the night - let her play a little.  We follow that by oil massage by Daddy, bath by Mommy, pajamas and lotion time, good night kisses, white noise on, a few bhajans by mommy and night night!  It works!  And then Priyank and me watch her on the monitor for the next hour in admiration!  Sigh! :)

We all knew from her grunting newborn days that this one would be a chatterbox.  She doesn't seem to eager to crawl yet - but omg ... she wants to talk.  I have heard bababaa, dadadada, ammmaaa, ya ya, and blah blah (really!).  She is also learning to imitate us lots.  Shakes her head from left to right (the desi no) but I don't think she really means no (yet!).

Food wise - she is getting 3 solid meals and 4 bottles of formula per day.  The bottles vary from as low as 4 oz to 7 oz. 3 solid meals are around 4 oz each and are still pureed everything - zucchini, yellow squash, mung dal, masoor dal, peas, carrots, apples, mango, pears, sweet potato and all that good stuff. I can't tell anymore what she really likes.  Sometimes she eats really well opening her mouth wide and some other times she will seal her mouth at the first bite and it isn't related to the type of veggie we are feeding her.  Who knows!  Hopefully she starts liking her foods more and is a foodie like her mommy! :D

One of my most favorite developments is the ever on smile.  No matter what is going on - we can make her smile.  Even if she is in the middle of crying ... I do something funny or just show her the mirror and I can make her laugh!! Now that's just SO cute - wish I could have that effect for ever!  haha!

She plays more on her own now - doesn't need to have 24/7 attention .. but still cries if she sees us leave her .. like we are abandoning her or something! It's hilarious!

She is developing quite a personality.  Her daddy doesn't think she is stubborn ... but I do.  Her mamoma has classified her as a cuddly bear - ever willing to be cuddled and kissed!! Muah!

Here are some recent shots to wrap this month up:










2 comments:

  1. She is a carbon copy of her daddy!

    btw, i love the matching ribbons with her dresses. do you make those or just buy? she looks SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noo .. this mom has no time to make anything!! :) All bought - mostly target or babies r us. :) and yes - CC of Daddy she is!

    ReplyDelete