Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Half done!

Turning 6 months was a very exciting time for us!  I was finally ready to give Esha solids and also introduce formula!  The AAP recommends waiting till 6 months for solids and so I did.  I was in no hurry cause it adds it own set of work .. but now that it's begun, I love it!! 

Play time: 
Esha is still not rolling over - makes me thing she is going the lazy route like her sister, Shria. But she is babbling lots and definitely has a personality.  She is also teething like crazy so can have very fussy days. She is also biting everything in sight. She absolutely loves her jumperoo and gets even more excited if you jump in front of her while she jumps! We think she looks like a lil monkey in it. LOL! She is not a big fan of playing on her own - not good!! We are hoping once she learns to move - this will improve. She can sit now with support ... yay! No stranger anxiety yet - not looking forward to that phase! 

Mum-mum: 
1st foods she seems to love - Apples, pears, roasted sweet potatoes, peas, butternut squash (basically all the sweet stuff - can she be more gujju?) 
Foods she seems to not be a big fan of - Carrots, Summer squash
We have also started her on oat and rice cereal which she doesn't seem to have much of an opinion of. 
I finally introduced formula.  Had a lot of fear of how her stomach would handle it - and if she would like the taste - but she seems to have adapted excellently.  

Sleep: 
For 6 long months, Mom and Dad have sacrificed their sleep.  I don't think I remember what 8 hours of sleep is .. or 6 hours or 4 for that matter!! But now is the time sleep training begins.  A lot of people begin sleep training at a younger age, but I was comfortable with doing it at 6 months esp. since her 6 month appointment told me that she is growing well and should have no need for a night feed. I will write another post on sleep training and my experience.  

Other happenings: 
Daadi left and Mamoma returned.  Esha is so blessed to have so much grandma love! Kum Mauu came to visit as well with Shria .. got some awesome picture of the girls. One for the frames! 


No comments:

Post a Comment